We all want to be healthy. Often we take our health for granted. Many of us will ignore taking care of ourselves until we develop some kind of illness or condition that slows us down.
It is a shame that we wait.
Health is not valued till sickness comes. Thomas Fuller
There are some easy ways to start a healthier, happier and more fulfilled way of life.
2. Stop drinking any type of sweetened drink. Coffees, soda pop, juices, whatever. If it is sweetened, even artificially, stop drinking it. Or at least slowly start to wean yourself off of these liquid calorie and sugar bombs.
3. Move your body for at least 30 minutes a day.
Walking is nice.
4. Decrease sugar consumption. I’ve written about the dangers of sugar before here, but I want to stress it again. Sugar is literally poison and is strongly addictive.
5. Connect with someone, a real person, every day. Loneliness and isolation aren’t healthy and contribute to anxiety and depression. My article on loneliness talks more about the health risks and what you can do to battle it.
6. Eat fruits and veggies. Lots. Daily. There is a plethora of scientific evidence showing the benefits of a high intake of plants.
7. Supplement your diet. I recommend a Vitamin D supplement, Omega-3 supplement and a good well-rounded multivitamin. This ensures any gaps in your diet are mostly covered. Other supplements can possibly help if you have certain medical conditions.
8. Work on your sleep. Try to clean up your bedtime routine so that you can get 6–8 hours of sleep. We all have a sweet spot. Find out how much sleep you need for optimal alertness and health.
9. Find your passion and try to spend as much of your free time following this. Passion will fuel your creativity, happiness and fulfillment of life.
Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. Oprah Winfrey
10. Avoid negative people, negative substances and negativity in general. If you focus on being positive in the world and bringing mostly positive things into your life, your life will feel more blessed.
Take care and live with purpose!